This temple was originally established by Swami Balanand, an ascetic of Ramanandi sect in around 1730 A.D. The main temple has got two idols of Hanumanji one for the protection of good people and another for the elimination of the wicked persons. The temple belongs to Ramanand sect although from 1900 A.D. it had been in the possession of the Gosain Sanyasis till 1948 A.D.
In 1948 A.D. it was declared a public temple by Patna High Court. A new, magnificent temple was reconstructed between 1983 and 1985 at the old site.
The first floor itself constitutes four sanctum sanctora of the Deities. It has got the temple of Lord Rama, to begin with. The portrayal of Lord Krishna, delivering sermon to Arjun, stands beside the Rama temple. Next to it, Goddess Durga is situated at the place. Next to this also the humanframe standing figure of Lord Shiva, meditating Mother Parvati and Nandi- the Holy ox are placed in the wooden palisade. In this wooden palisade the Shiva Lingam, is installed, the site for the performance of Rudrabhisheka.
The floating Ram-setu Shila is also placed on this floor only. It has been kept in a glass container and is revered by the people. The volume of this stone is 13,000 mm, while the weight is approx. 15kgs.
Now, we move on to the second floor. The second floor is mainly used for ritual purposes. Sanskar mandap is located at this floor only. Chanting of mantras, japa, recitals of Holy Scriptures, Satyanarayan katha and various other rituals are practiced and performed here. The floor also has the pictographic representation of the scenes from the Ramayana.
On the first floor, while crossing Dhyanmandap, to the left we are blessed by Lord Ganesha and Lord Buddha and further on, Lord satyanarayan, Lord Rama accompanied by Mother Sita and Goddess Sarasvati seem to cast a benevolent look on the devotees. In front of this façade of deities, below the Peepal tree, is the temple of Shani-maharaj; the temple, designed in the style of cave architecture, looks beautiful.
The temple houses almost all important deities. In addition, Lord Buddha and Shabari are also worshipped here. Goswami Tulasidasji is sitting beneath the 'Simhadvara' looking forwards Hanumanji and a grand statue of Saint Ravidas under a canopy at the Vantage is also seen and worshipped.
Another specialty of the temple is the prasadam, offered to the presiding deities thereon. The prasadam offered is “Naivedyam” which is prepared by the experts from Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh and is a delicacy.
The temple has got the 'pandits' (Sanskrit scholars) of the highest caliber and Bairagi sadhus of the Ramanand sect as well dalit priest, who all perform with highest harmony.
From Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport, Patna Agamkua temple is 5.7 km. From Patna Junction it is 210 m , Rajendra Nagar Terminal 3.1 Km. The temple is 3.2 Km from Mithapur Bus Stand and 120m from Patna Junction Bus Stop. Autos and city buses are easily available for the temple.
- Contact Person:
- Contact Number:
+91-612-22 23 789